PROJECTS


I have completed another little project.

I love the color brown, I guess it is the color of Chocolate Brownies,Fudge. All those things I love.The center piece of embroidery is done on a linen. I guess the circle is my favorite form at this time. I have tried several different threads, added beads and buttons, I love the way it looks. buttons

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends.  Keep God in your Christmas.

img_0743tree

I have worked the last week on the project I was doing for the Sumptuous Surfaces class I am taking from Australian Teacher Sharon B. at Joggles.com

I feel like the piece is finished. I see lots of things I would do differently. But it is finished! That means I am learning the lessons from the classes.

You can teach an old dog new tricks.  LOL

finish-1

I have been behind in my Take it Further challenge, but I have now finished my October Challenge.

I had to think about my space, (the place where I work) I am trying to define it as a Studio, but it is really my All Room! I compute here, I sew here, I bead here. My medications are in here. I spent lots of time here. I can think here. I can cry here.

But most of all I sew here.

My Space

My Space

This is a shot of the doorway.The walls,corners,floor, are all filled with projects. I do what I do because that part of me that needs to create comes out.

Later I’ll try and post other areas. Not much surface area is without something,

The Black Tote on the hanger is a new UFO that has been two years in bits and pieces.

Black Tote

Black Tote

Here is a closer look at my Tote, plan to use it for yarns, that are over flowing the other  container. The fabric inserts are quilting ladies in various stages of work. Hope you like it.

I have finished my November Challenge for Take It Further. A lot of interest in simple letters; in caps or small, words, numbers, printed subjects are used by Artists as a form of expression.

Sharon B, our teacher for this challenge, suggested that we look at Typography.

novemberThis is my attempt.  I used the word TRY. something I use in my life. We can’t get further if we don’t try.

The little quilt is stamped with the words. I usea my printer for the running text. I used some foam letters to stamp the purple TRY.

Played with several inks to add color. Then I stitched colorful thread all the areas in between the rows.

At the bottom are a defination for Experiment. This came from an old Roget’s Thesaurus. I decided on the word Experiment because that is what TRY really is.  Now to get bacvk to the UFO’s

First look at my project for S Surface’s will be a Postcard. I had to substitute a larger weave fabric then the lovely one I had bought just for this class. But it has to do. I can not see well enough to work with anything smaller. LOL img_0693post-card11The off center design I carved with a soft stamp material. Stamped it with beige paint. The frame around the stamp is a Portuguese Stem Stitch done with a cotton #8 Finca cotton. Next stitch is a Herringbone Stitch done  in cream Finca #8. Above that is a straight stitch with  a variegation purl cotton.Then with a heavier cotton in a pink/cream is a border of

squared Palestrina Knots. I did not make uniform stitching, I wanted each area to stand alone. The long rows of mixed color are buttonhole stitches is various sizes. To the side of the stamp are simple cross stitches. Now I need to plan what to do with the stamped daisy.

Several months ago, the forum I am on, was talking about different fibers and papers to use in Art quilts. Someone wondered if the Dog Food bags that we get dry dog food in had ever been experiments. No absolute remedies for them came about. So last week I decided to experiment . I cut the bag open, and trimmed the bottom off. To my surprise the inside shiny stuff is only glued to the top of the bag. I am not sure what the product is.It is backed with a brown paper bag like layer. I tried to separate them but only destroyed the surface. I guess it is a thin layer of aluminum, and it is embossed in vertical lines. After smoothing the paper out;trying not to loose the embossing, I attempted to lightly brush color onto the surface. Using a foam brush I applied a section with Pebeo Setacolor. The paint went on smoothly, but settled in the lines that are formed on each side of the ridges. Next I tried Jacquard Textile Paint, it also set into the lines on each side of the ridges.  I tried a craft paint, the same effect. I then used a Paint Stick, I saw right away I would loose texture, so I used a embossing plate under the section. I did not really feel the covering was anything different then the 3 other paints. Until I tried rubbing the area with a paper towel. That sent color into the shine, but it would have to be used with the plate. I used my heat gun on a small corner, I was afraid it would catch on fire. The out come was a  Tan color on top of the paints with some of the ridges .

Next Page »